Program Director & Head Coach
“I believe it is important to build on what each athlete’s strengths are regardless of age or ability. It is up to us as coaches to create an environment where each individual can be successful. Success is measured differently for each athlete and that must be at the forefront of our focus.”
- A Coach for over 25 years
- USSA Level 400 PSIA Level 3
- Certified Weightlifting Coach
- Former PNSA Coach of The Year
- Former PSIA Examiner
- Divisional Clinic Leader
- NW Tech Team Coach
- Teams I have coached have won multiple NW Cup Team Titles Coached many athletes through the Nor Am Level of racing Worked with several athletes that have gone on to race NCAA and with the US Ski Team
- PNSA Traveling Coach
- WEST Project Coach
YSL Coordinator Lindsay Peternell
Bio coming soon…
FIS/U16 Van Brassington
Ski raced up to age 50.
- Level 2 USSA Coach
- Worked for Flamingo sports out of Seattle. Owner was Lange’s world cup boot fitter. Operated my own boot shop 1989 – 1992 in Seattle and at Mt Hood in summer.
- 1992-2002 worked in K2 Race Dept.
- Worked with 100s of ski teams all over the world
- Helped design and build race skis helping to start the side cut revolution
- Attended all North American World Cups, Nor Ams, US Nationals, and Junior Olympics doing race service.
- Worked with US Ski Team members on product development, Including Bode Miller, Steve Nyman, Jimmy Cochran, Chip Knight, and others
- Coached with White Pass ski team, Telluride ski team, Mt Spokane ski team
- PNSA traveling team coach,
- Head Coach for NASC ski camps. 2002-2015,
- This will be my 34th full-time summer on Mt Hood
Coaches positions to be determined
Carson Ruud, Cade Yamamoto, Mike Millikan, West Mathison, Casey Hayward, Ruth Mahre, Megan Davenport, Jackson Bolles, Josh Bushong, Chase Morgan, Jacqueline Pickel
Holiday Camp additional coaches: Lindsay Ahmann, Katrina Olson, Lilly Smith, Hailey Jones